3/7/12

Will Burney

Sewell Park may not be big enough for TWO well-known local personalities. Will Burney has more in this Bobcat Update.

Dillon Scott is known to some as the Sun Worshiper, or Sun God. Others call him Zeus. He's known for some strange antics -- usually aimed at the sun. But recently Scott was banned from the park after getting into a fight with Dan Barry, better known as Frisbee Dan.
SB SCOTT: Dan and I actually used to be friends because when I started coming to Sewell I noticed him, and who cant, so I actually went over and started talking to him. He's the one who taught me how to throw a Frisbee"
But tensions between the two icons began after a video produced by the University Star described Scott as The Golden River Man. In the video was an interview with Frisbee Dan that Scott found offensive.
(If we get permission the video will go here.)
Scott says he initially responded by keeping his distance from Frisbee Dan, and he says he asked Frisbee Dan to stay away from him. Then one day a Frisbee landed next to Scott.
SB SCOTT:"I said something to him because he will not respect people's privacy. Basically he will not respect Privacy.(Will: what did you call him?) I called him an insect."
Apparently the two became involved in an altercation, and the University Police were called. The result of it all is that a criminal trespass complaint was filed against Scott, so now he's banned from campus for a year. Scott says the way he sees it he was being bullied and had to stand up for himself.
SB SCOTT: "I take responsibility for my actions. I was not aware that you can't shove people especially bullies. There's a Bully on our playground and he's out of control."
Frisbee Dan was contacted for an interview but declined to comment because he was told doing so would not be in his best interest.
Stand up: ... For Bobcat Update, I'm Will Burney.

No comments:

Post a Comment