11/9/09

Colby Howell

There's no anchor lead-in.  I added the signature out at the end.
The Texas State football program is working toward a move from the Football Championship Subdivision to the Football Bowl Subdivision. With an enrollment of more than 30-thousand students, Texas State is one of the largest schools NOT to play in the F-B-S. The process, if successful, should be completed in 2012, but there are mixed reviews regarding The Drive.
SB: "I am not for it because I'm a really big sports fan and I don't wanna see them... I think there's a good chance they'll struggle at the next level."
SB: "Nah, I don't think it's a bad idea. At first, I definitely thought it was something that was , like "Why are we doing this." If you can't even win, but then after everybody starts putting support into the program we see how Texas State athletics can definitely change and became better."
One of the requirements for the jump is a minimum average attendance of 15-thousand at home games. Such a benchmark seems possible for the Bobcats, because at their homecoming game two weeks ago the team drew a near capacity crowd. The next game at Bobcat Stadium will be this Saturday night versus McNeese State. For Bobcat Update, I'm Colby Howell.

No comments:

Post a Comment