2/27/16

Christopher Cabello

If you use an I-Phone, there's a chance that others will someday be able to unlock it without using your password. Christopher Cabello has more on the story.

Apple has filed a motion to dismiss the F-B-I's request to unlock an I-Phone that was owned by one of the terrorists responsible for the San Bernardino attack last December. Unlocking the I-Phone might help authorities learn more about what led up to the attack and possibly the involvement of others. However, Apple is resisting government efforts to create back-door software. The tech giant says writing such code would make millions of I-Phones users vulnerable, and the company believes that would be an invasion of privacy.
SB
Many people on campus own I-Phones, and there's fear that the code-breaking technology, if it's developed, would fall into the wrong hands.
SB
Students understand that terrorism led up to the current situation, but they feel they're entitled to their privacy. Students send a lot of sensitive information on their I-Phones -- from routing numbers to pictures, and they don't want anybody else viewing such documents.
SB
The matter will now be decided by a judge. I'm Christopher Cabello.

No comments:

Post a Comment