3/25/12

Kyle Muscarello

With graduation approaching, many seniors are trying to figure out what they'll be doing after they finish their studies at Texas State. Kyle Muscarello has more in this Bobcat Update.

The semester is more than halfway over, and that means graduation is just around the corner. For those about to enter the job market, there's reason to be concerned. Tessa Moreno, an exercise and sports science major, says she's having some doubts about whether jobs will be available.
SB: Tessa Moreno "I am pretty nervous about that. With my degree, there is not much to do but go into physical therapy school. So looking for a job that is similar to that degree is kind of hard."
Stress is another factor that some seniors are dealing with.
SB: Alexandria Black "I'm not as stressed out when I find myself trying to do something to actively look for a job or to try it, but then if I keep not finding jobs, then I get stressed that I wont be able to live on my own. So it's more about being stressed that I won't be able to live on my own than not finding a job."
History major Danna Brown is using multiple ways to find a job after graduation.
SB: Career Services knows me by my first name now. I do my own human resource callings. See what type of job openings and looking at different companies that I would be interested in."
The Career Services Division at Texas State is providing seniors with opportunities to help them find jobs.
SB: Becca Rodgers "We're doing a lot of stuff for Jobs-Four-Cats. We're trying to get them jobs out there. Bring employers in, trying to get connections made and get them where they need to be."
For some, graduating is going to be bittersweet.
SB: Danna Brown "I'm excited, but i'm not excited because of the whole transition phase from college life to real world. I guess that's what every senior has anxiety about. I'm excited though."
For Bobcat Update, I'm Kyle Muscarello.

No comments:

Post a Comment