9/1/09

Summer Ratliff

The struggling economy has Texas State seniors feeling added pressure to find a job after graduation. Summer Ratliff has the story.
As the fall semester begins many seniors have more on their minds than their weekend plans. Graduating and getting a good job are their main focus. Senior Denise Mamo says her biggest fear is not only having to pay back student loans, but also just finding work in her field.
SB: I have a degree but there may not be a job waiting for me. I have interned at three different places but nothings really promising now.
Mamo says job opportunities are limited and work is hard to come by during the economic recession. Another concerned senior, Brian Sevier says he is worried about not knowing what his future holds after graduation.
SB: I'm a little concerned. I mean I've been going to Texas State for five years. I just don't know if I'm prepared for what's out there.
Many students seek help from advisors, and they beef up their resumes with internships, as they wait for the economy to improve. For Bobcat Update, I'm Summer Ratliff.

No comments:

Post a Comment