10/17/11

Kaitlin Heaney

Sun worshipers who want to maintain their tan during the cooler months ahead may have to use a bed or a bottle to maintain their appearance. Katy Heaney tells us more in this Bobcat Update.
Keeping your tan in the winter months can be easy if you're willing to use a tanning salon or buy sprays and lotions. Darque Tan offers a range of services.
SB: It's more of a personal preference whether you would rather lay in a bed or if you're not wanting to get the UVA/UVB rays in you. You can always use the mystic. Our mystic, is actually, we use airbrush solution versus the mystic solution, so it's going to give you a more natural color. (Kaela Rettinger, Darque Tan Employee)
Spray tans are preferable for those who concerned about the potential harmful effects of U-V-A/U-V-B rays.
SB:I love it actually, I mean yeah it kinda sucks that it wears off and you have to keep going back but I'd rather save 10 minutes of spraying here then going through a whole years worth of having cancer. (Ghazaleh Shahvandi, Freshman)
SB: I'm super pale and I don't burn, but I don't tan. So I really do have to do mystic tan cause so many people are so tan around Texas State. So I feel I'd be the most palest person around campus. (Kat LaVally, Freshman)
STANDUP: Using tanning salons can give you that summer, glow you want, but can be expensive. Drugstores and makeup stores also offer tanning lotions and sprays.
Sephora and other makeup stores offer a variety of sprays and lotions which vary in price. Such items can also be found online.
SB: I use fake tanner every now and then to bronze up a little bit but I don't ever go into a tanning salon (Justine Osina, Freshman)
Shahvandi says although lotions and sprays from drugstores are cheaper than salons, she's received better results at salons. For Bobcat Update, I'm Katy Heaney.

No comments:

Post a Comment